Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It's the little things.....

I've come to the realization that in my life, it's the little things that make me the happiest. Let me give some examples: this morning, my husband ironed my shirt for me....he didn't have to, he did it to be helpful. He enjoys making me dinner. Little things. The sound of my nephews' voices last Saturday morning: "Good morning, Aunt Erin!!!" in their polite and so grown-up three year old tone.

A piping hot green chai tea in the morning from my Co-Ex-Tec mug. A genuine "thank you" coming from an employee's mouth after I have helped her with something. Being on the road and having to pull over to take pictures because the sunlight is just right.
The sound of the laughter of my friends at a get-together after not seeing each other for months. The smell of the air Up North--pure and fresh. The taste of a spicy garlic boneless chicken wing at B-Dubs. Yeah. I know that is a pretty random list, and there are tons more that I could add, but those are just a few. Things like that make me stop and realize that in the midst of all the craziness going on in the world around me, my life is pretty awesome, and I should be thankful.

0 comments: