Thursday, February 26, 2009

Confessions of an anti-shopaholic

Last night I went to see "Confessions of a Shopaholic" with a couple of my girlfriends for a Girl's Night in honor of my friend Sam's birthday. It was the only girlie movie on at the theater that she had not seen, and even though I was not that excited about seeing it since I know NOTHING about designer clothes other that the fact that they are way overpriced, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the movie. I'd only seen Isla Fisher in one other movie - Wedding Crashers, ha - and didn't know how she'd do at playing someone who wasn't a sex-crased lunatic. Well, I guess shopaholics can have similar personalities to sex-crased lunatics, but anyway......it was a fun girl movie. I don't see those too often--the last movie I watched before this was Dirty Harry, somewhat of the antithesis to this movie. Anyway, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Not much else has been going on this week--work has been way busy, which is definitely a good problem to have in the midst of this ever-so-lovely economic situation (sense my sarcasm?). Problem is, as usual, and in combination with the fact that the weather just keeps reverting back to SNOWY, I tend to have trouble getting as much done around the house after work as I would like. Even though I've been married almost a year now, domestic duties still aren't my strongpoint.

However, I feel that I am pretty good at finding new and fun things to do. On this past Sunday, we decided to go to PawsWay (see previous post for more details) to get Delilah some exercise after having been cooped up in the house due to the cold for the past week or so. We went downtown at around 4:30, and when we arrived at PawsWay for the Small Breed Off Leash, they had already maxxed out at the 30 dog limit. After a half hour of waiting, we were allowed to go in. This off leash was a lot different than the last one we went to because there were a variety of dogs there, and Delilah was the only Boston. That didn't bother her, though--she makes friends quite quickly. Her favorites were a Bassett Hound named Rigby and a couple of pugs....they had fun. She ran and ran and ran until she couldn't run anymore and it was really fun to watch. This place even had a track around the top, so she ran around that quite a few times. We weighed Delilah on the way out--she's up to 16.8 pounds! That's almost double what she was when we got her just 2 months ago! Here are some fun pics from inside PawsWay and what we did afterwards (I'll apologize now for the way these pictures turned out, this blog template tends to cut them off a bit...I may be changing templates to fix that soon):
This was the biggest dog there....he was the coolest bulldog ever.

Delilah on the track upstairs with some of her puppy pals

Downstairs making more friends

This was the view from the doorstep of PawsWay....we have quite the "big city" dog!

My turn--this one was taken from a platform on to a ship down on Harbourfront This is the ice rink at the Harbourfront....notice Lake Ontario in the background!

Delilah was quite puzzled by the people skating....she just sat and watched for a long time.


Overall, it was a really fun day. This weekend should be fun....it is our twin nephews' birthday weekend....their actual birthday is today (HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY, ETHAN AND LIAM!) and we're heading down for the weekend to visit and celebrate. We haven't seen them since right after New Year's, so I'm sure they will have changed a lot. More to come....

0 comments: