Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I get homesick when.....

I get homesick when life-altering and very significant events are happening the lives of my best friends and family, and I can't be there to share in the joy, or in the worse case, just to be there for someone when they need a shoulder to cry on or someone to talk to. I'm homesick tonight because my best friend for 17 years, Abby Mitchell, just gave birth to her first son today. Nolan Adam Mitchell was born at 4:28PM, weighing 8lbs 11oz and measuring 21 inches long. I wouldn't be at the hospital right now if I lived back home, because I don't want a crowd at the hospital when I have my children one of these days, but I would most definitely be available if she needed anything and would for sure be visiting pretty much as soon as she gave me the green light. But since I live almost 10 hours from her house, who knows when I'll be able to see him--I still haven't even seen my cousin's baby, and he was born in the first week of January. It makes my heart hurt when I see pictures of him changing so quickly and I haven't even seen him yet! Living so far away from friends and family really makes me appreciate them so much more and treasure the times that I do get to spend with all of them. It just makes me sad that the visits and times together have become very few and far between.

Anyway, I just want to send a huge CONGRATULATIONS to Abby and her husband, Bart!

0 comments: