Friday, March 13, 2009

TGIF!!!

Funny little story that happened today--well, maybe you had to be there, but I thought it was absolutely hysterical. We were at Starbucks, standing in line, and there was a gaggle of teenagers in there ordering a bunch of super-high-maintenance drinks that took forever to make, holding up the line. Gary and I starting talking about them and I forget exactly what he said, and I said, "You're going to go to hell for that one," and he said, (and this was the funny line that I think I'm going to start using on a regular basis)--"You don't go to hell for facts." On the drive back, we saw someone running, and he said, "That is the ugliest woman ever--and YOU DON'T GO TO HELL FOR FACTS!" :) I love him, he's witty. At least I think so!

I came across a pretty cool website recently. It's called the 50 States Project. It was actually started by someone in the UK, but he rounded up a photographer from each of the 50 states and will be giving them a series of assignments. They then take a picture that follows the assignment criteria, and post it on the website. The first assignment has been completed...it's to take a picture that represents a person/people that live in their respective state. The one from Indiana is pretty disappointing---I would have taken a picture of a basketball fan myself, but the photographer who lives in Indiana isn't even a native Hoosier, so he doesn't really get it....Anyway, check it out--it's pretty neat, and it should get better once more assignments are posted!

http://www.50statesproject.net/

Sites like these are why I love the internet---also because you can start looking for something in one place and end up finding something a million times better by accident. Technology rocks.

Happy Friday, the weather is supposed to warm up and be sunny this weekend and early next week, which will be spectacular for me since my sister and her fiance are coming! We're hoping to make it to Niagara Falls while they're here, plus we have lots of other fun things planned! Pictures to come early next week!

0 comments: