Friday, March 6, 2009

The man, the myth, the legend


So, I don't know about you, but I have recently just discovered the genius of Mr. Clint Eastwood. Gary and I went to see Gran Torino in the theatre a month ago or so, and we absolutely loved it. It was a great performance by Clint, and the story that was portrayed by the movie is very real in the Detroit area....we know, we lived very close by. Anyway, I'd never really seen too many Clint movies beforehand (maybe Million Dollar Baby, and that was it) and after seeing his performance in Gran Torino, I was very impressed. It was then that I realized he also DIRECTED the film AND that our dear Clint is 78 years old. The man is amazing, seriously. And not only has he directed 33 films, produced 30, and starred in 66, he has also been a mayor of a city in California, composed music, and of course, is an Academy Award Winner. I have now set a goal to try to see as many Clint Eastwood films as I can--both those that he stars in and that he directs. So far, I have seen Gran Torino, Unforgiven, Dirty Harry, Absolute Power, and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, and I've bought a few more and DVR'ed 5 from the AMC channel's Clint Eastwood week. IF you've never watched any of his stuff before, I'd highly recommend it. The man is a genius. Definitely the studliest almost-eighty-year-old I've ever come across. :)

0 comments: