Thursday, March 12, 2009

P90Xcruciating


The little kit shown above has inflicted mass amounts of pain on me and my husband over the course of the last three days or so. We heard about P90X through some co-workers originally, then Gary's brother Ben and his wife started doing it, and so of course, Gary wanted to try it, too. It's a three phase workout system that we can do at home without too much high-tech equipment. All we use are some resistance bands, a mat, a pull-up bar (well, I can't do any, but Gary uses that), some free weights, and a chair every now and then. We workout 6 days a week, and the workouts are different each day (that's supposed to promote muscle confusion). We have done the chest and back, plyometrics, shoulders and arms, and ab workouts so far. They are very intense, but even though the pain REALLY sucks, at least we know it's working, and most of the before and after shots I've seen of normal, everyday people have been amazing. We took before pictures on the first day, and let me tell you, mine left a lot to be desired. I want to get back into shape, as does Gary, so it's definitely going to help us. I complain A LOT while we're working out, but honestly, I always feel better after we're done and it's really nice that we can do it together. I just hope we can stick with it! It will be interesting to see how dedicated we are--we have some tests coming up, because my sister is coming for a visit, and I'm taking a 5 day trip to Denver in a few weeks, so I'll have to figure out how to improvise while I'm there.
I'll keep updating about our progress....wish us luck, we need it!

0 comments: