Thursday, March 26, 2009

I love the CN Tower....

I've lived in the Toronto area for a year and a half now, and I still can't help but be totally intrigued by the CN Tower. It stands near the shoreline of Lake Ontario and reaches 1,815 ft into the sky. It opened to the public 1976, and the big antenna on the top broadcasts TV and radio signals to the Toronto area. It is made of about 500 tons of concrete, and the concrete is 22 feet thick in some places! It has a restaurant called the 360 (it has fabulous food!), which is about 1,150 feet in the air and does a 360 degree revolution every 72 minutes. It is possible to see the mist from Niagara Falls on a sunny day. It is the tallest freestanding structure in North America and more than 2 million people go to the top each year. One of my favorite parts is the glass floor, which totally freaks out some people, but it is cool! Each time I go downtown, I take way too many pictures of it, but for me, it never gets old. It is unique, it is beautiful, and it is one of Toronto's many defining places. Here are a few of my pictures to help you get a better idea of how awesome it really is! I am so lucky to have something like this be basically in my backyard!

Not the most flattering picture of me, but I'm on the glass floor...you get the idea.

0 comments: