Friday, September 28, 2007

Settling in, slowly but surely.....

Hello again!


I'm taking a bit of a breather today...I mean, yeah, I'm not working, but to me it's pretty stressful and strenuous to try to put things away from a big move. Especially one where you're downsizing in space but not necessarily in stuff. Haha. Yeah, it's been a big challenge, but I think that all things considering, we've done a good job so far. We have almost everything on the main floor the way we want it with the exception of a few little things, and we just have to move on to the upstairs and also figure out how we're going to dispose of all of the cardboard moving boxes and packing paper. There is a TON! Our place is great though. It's really nice to be so close to work....it's nice because Gary's come home every day and we've eaten here and just hung out. Better than going out to eat every day, that's for sure. I've had the cable, phone, and internet installed by the fabulous Rogers people, so I'm finally almost completely reconnected. Hopefully I'll get the cell phone this weekend, that way I can start calling home without things costing an arm and a leg. I'm so excited to be spending our first full weekend here and hopefully just laying low. Maybe we'll go bowling or get a bottle of wine and watch a movie or something. Either way, I'm excited we're not traveling back and forth....but we will be next weekend! :) Gary will be bow hunting Up North and I think I'm going to head to Indiana to try and get some wedding stuff done and just hang out with the fam. Maybe we'll take an extra day or so off. Maybe we'll get some venison out of that deal....yummy. Wow, I thought this was going to be a lot more exciting than it is. I'm running out of things to say....astounding. I don't think I've posted a townhouse picture yet. Here's where we live. It's a duplex. We're on the left side.
Still no yard or driveway, but there were construction-like dudes behind our house all day today with measurement paraphernalia, so I think maybe we'll be getting our section of wooden fence behind the house...sweet. Other than that I haven't done much than listen to my new and totally awesome music, so I'm pretty much a big geek. But hopefully I'm going to be starting work soon. Routine sounds good. We went to visit the big health club up the road last night too, because I need to make working out part of my routine. It's crazy huge, two pools, three major workout areas, a spa, a salon, yada yada. 390,000 square feet or something like that. Also a bit pricey. We're going to check out our other options as well. We have to look our best for this wedding that's coming up in like 260 days! Crazy! Anyway, I'm rambling. Everyone have a great weekend, and I'll leave you with a Go BOILERS and a GO COLTS!

0 comments: