Thursday, September 27, 2007

Fall in God's Country

Oh my goodness....I HAVE INTERNET....AND IT'S ALL MINE!!



We're getting a lot closer to being settled in.....but yet there's still a lot to do! I wanted to tell you all about this past weekend Up North before I even get into the whole unpacking thing. This past weekend was so so awesome, it was great to just get away and be up there in the middle of nowhere enjoying nature. I know that sounds so cheesy, but when you really get up there and see how beautiful it is.....ahhhh, it's just so refreshing. My favorite thing to do is go on walks through the property and track deer and just see what else I can see! This past weekend we saw rodents, snakes, turkeys, and lots and lots of deer! I even had one run right at me, stop, look me right in the eyes, and turn around and run the other way! I couldn't get my camera out fast enough. But you know how there's always one thing that has to happen to put a little bump in the road....literally, a bump.....well, ours was a BIG ol' bump on the way home from Pinecrest Extended (yeah, that's right Mare, I named your cabin). We came home from dinner and a bonfire at around 1AM on Sunday morning, and of course we hit a bump on a dirt road, and we got a flat. Well, we were so concerned about figuring out whether it was really a flat or not that we missed our driveway, and you have to remember that there are no streetlights to speak of up North, so we ended up pulling off the road like almost a mile away from our cabin. So here I am, cold, scared of the animals that will come at me in the dark, and also a little under the influence of Captain Morgan. It was an interesting walk home, but we made it, and the next morning I got to play rescue girl on the quad! I had to go get the quad once Gary got the tire fixed. It was fun, even though I'm still a little Nervous Nellie on those things. So I'll post a couple of my favorite pics from the weekend, most of them involve some wildlife. But I like leaves more than the average bear, so bear with me....haha.

I forgot to mention that I got into a tree stand for the first time! It was pretty cool, and the best part was hearing all of the animals around us....the only animal I saw was that one in the red shirt that you see in the picture above. Haha.

0 comments: