Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I'm SO excited because...

1) The weather has really gotten nicer over the past week.


2) We had a great time Up North last weekend.

3) Dick Eberhart came to town on Monday and went to dinner with us---we love visitors.

4) My brother-in-law Ben stayed with us last night since he was here on business (2 visitors in a week--that is UNHEARD of!)

5) Ben is bringing his family back up on Friday night to spend the weekend with us. It will be their first visit to Toronto! The weather is supposed to be fantastic, so we're going to the Toronto Zoo! The boys will love it and so will I--lots of photo ops!

6) There's a Boston Terrier Meetup on Sunday...I'm hoping we have time to take Delilah to it.

7) I got my eyebrows done this week. It may seem superficial and trivial, but oh boy does it make me feel better!

8) My friend Emma is starting a book club and she invited me to join! I've always wanted to be in a book club....our first meeting is next month, so I need to finish the book I'm reading now. The Soloist by Steve Lopez, it's great--and move on to The Guernsey Literary and the Potato Peel Pie Society. YAY!

9) Speaking of Emma, she and Mat brought their girls over on Monday to meet Delilah. They played outside for 45 minutes and it was so cute to watch them all. I am so in love with my dog, it's pathetic, honestly.

10) It's WEDNESDAY...that means Lost is on tonight AND that we're halfway through the week. Booyah.

11) My one year wedding anniversary is two months away and last night Gary and I started talking about how much fun it will be to go back to Swan Lake and use our free room that we got for booking our wedding there. We want to invite some people to join us for a little party and some golf.

12) I get to go back to Huntington for a visit during the first weekend of May for the first time since Christmas! I think it's the longest time I've ever been away from home, and I'm super excited because I get to meet my cousin's son Aidan for the first time, my best friend Abby's son Nolan, AND I get to help Jenny Baker celebrate her 25th birthday! YAHOO!

Overall, life is good.

2 comments:

Just me said...

I've been reading your blog for a little while, but for some reason, I haven't been able to comment before... Glad it worked this time!!!

I got my eyebrows and my nails and toes done last Friday and it made me feel great too. :) I'm excited for good weather. AND I loved when I was in a book club. :) :) :)

I also wanted to say that your pup is very cute. My dog is a boxer, but when I first got her (and she was closer to 50 pounds than 70) people would see her and say "That's the BIGGEST Boston Terrier I've ever seen!!" LOL No one makes that mistake anymore, though.... :)

Monica said...

So, I read your blog all the time too and I totally dig the lists. We always had the list obsession in common.

You have to look me up when you are here. I like to show off Mike and I have a pier on Syracuse Lake now! :)

Miss you tons and would love to meet the pup!