Monday, January 12, 2009

Concert season is approaching....YAY!

As you may or may not know, I have a very eclectic taste in music. I'll listen to anything from Mozart to Ozzy Osbourne to Johnny Cash to New Kids on the Block...there are very few artists that I haven't heard of or don't like. Music is so refreshing to me, I love the creativity that musicians are capable of, especially the ones who are able to write their own music AND lyrics.

Next month is a big month for concerts for me....two in a month! As our Valentine's Day gift to each other, Gary and I got concert tickets for Brad Paisley (Dierks Bentley is opening!) for a show in Hamilton on February 13th. I've seen Brad before, at Purdue, and he was amazing! He is a wonderful guitar player. Gary really likes Dierks Bentley too, so hopefully it will be a good show.
Brad Paisley
Brett Dennen
On the following Monday, I got us tickets to Brett Dennen--he's playing downtown at the Mod Club. He's more of an acoustic musician...he sounds a lot like Tracy Chapman--and his lyrics are genius. He's not an artist that a lot of people have heard of, but he's been on the Noteworthy Artists lists on VH1 and in Rolling Stone magazine, and a couple of his songs have been on commercials and as background music on some TV shows. What I love about artists like him is that they aren't very well known but very talented, so they can play the really small and intimate venues where you can really hear their music, and the best part about it is that the tickets are dirt cheap. It was the same way when I saw Ingrid Michaelson and Sara Bareilles last February....although they've kinda made a names for themselves since then, so it will probably never be that way again.



Sara Bareilles

I'm super stoked because I just found out that Adele is going to be in Detroit in March, so I'm going to do the best I can to get to that show....I missed her when she was in TO in June because it was right around my wedding, so I'm hoping that I can get off work or something that day and go, because she's amazing. Guster's putting out a new album this year as well, and are supposedly going on tour, and they are my FAVORITE, so I'm hoping they come back to Toronto, because that was my favorite concert of all time! If you think I'm nuts and have never heard of any of the people I'm talking about, please please please do yourself a favor and check them out, they are so talented and their music really has the power to put you in a good mood!
Adele

0 comments: