Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Knitter's Delight

I'm not sure if most of you know this or not, but I'm an up-and-coming knitter. I've been knitting for about 3 years now, maybe a bit more, and up until very recently, I've only attempted to knit scarves (oh, and this enormous shawl that I did for myself, but it's pretty hideous). Lately, though, since it seems that everyone I know is pregnant or has just had a baby, I decided I'd better learn how to knit some cute baby stuff.

So, with the help of a co-worker who is a very proficient knitter, I have now knit two booties, two baby mittens, and I just finished a hat last night to complete the set. This first set is baby blue, since my cousin Cara is due with her first son on January 1st. I am hoping to give them to her over the Thanksgiving holiday. Here is a picture of the handiwork all finished!
I'm pretty proud of my accomplishments! If you have any requests, let me know!

0 comments: